We are continuing our series on Learning How to Shop with Coupons and today we are covering a crucial part of the process, planning your shopping trip. If you read any article or watch any video that covers how to save money every month, one of the first things they will tell you is to make a shopping list. This makes you less prone to impulse buying and makes sure you get everything you need so you don’t need to make a second trip.
Making a plan is especially important for the couponer because it is difficult and stressful to be in the store, looking through coupons and ads, trying to find out what the best deals are. You want to walk in knowing what you are buying and what coupons you will be using.
New Year’s Resolution: Learn How to Use Coupons
How Do I Plan my Shopping Trip?
After that, it’s just a matter of finding out who has what on sale and what coupons are available. I have price match lists that I put together each week that makes it easy and I go through the process in the video above. Once you find out what’s on sale, then use the Coupon Database to find the coupons you need.
Is it time-consuming? At first, yes. In fact when I teach classes I don’t make them do all this the first few weeks, all I do is make them use one coupon and price match one item the first week then move up to 5 each the second week. It can be a little intimidating when you first start out but after about 4 weeks it becomes second nature. You will always have an eye out for good deals and your Sunday Paper will become your best friend. The key is to stick with it.
- New Year’s Resolution–Learn How To Use Coupons Part One: Where Do I Find Coupons?
- New Year’s Resolution–Learn How To Use Coupons Part Two: How Do I Organize My Coupons?
- New Year’s Resolution–Learn How To Use Coupons Part Four: What to do When Checking Out at the Register with Coupons/Price Matches
- New Year’s Resolution–Learn How To Use Coupons Part Five: How Do You Stockpile?
- New Year’s Resolution-Learn How to Coupon Part Six: What Do I Do With My Stockpile?