This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BalancedNewYear #CollectiveBias
Those of you that have been following this blog for a while know that I am determined in 2016 to eat more balanced meals. While I’ve been excited to see some progress so far, I find that one of the trickiest things to manage is being able to eat a balanced meal that I can put together quickly.
I’ve tried everything from prepping a week’s worth of meals in advance to making my recipes as simple as possible but there always seems to be that one lunch that I don’t have any meal prepared for and I just don’t have time to make something. That’s why I always try to keep a few STOUFFER’S® FIT KITCHEN™ meals in my freezer, they can be prepared in less than 8 minutes, taste fantastic, and are available at your local Walmart!
One of favorites it the Cilantro Lime Chicken that I can turn into wonderful Chicken Avocado Tacos topped with my amazing Fire Roasted Salsa. The lime on the chicken pairs incredibly well with the avocados, making this a delicious meal that has a great balance of carbs, protein, and fat.
First let me share with you my amazing Fire Roasted Salsa recipe.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1 Green Onion
- 3 bell peppers, any color
- 1 Jalapeno pepper
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Cut stem spot out of tomatoes
- Cut tops of bell peppers and throw seeds away
- Cut top off Jalapeno
- Place all tomatoes and peppers on grill over open flame
- Turn when brown on bottom, about 10 minutes on each side. Brown on all sides
- Alt: Place in oven on 325 for 10 minutes on each side until brown on all sides
- Place all grilled vegetables in food processor, pulse until chopped
- Place chopped vegetables in bowl, add cilantro, spices and squeeze lime into bowl, stir
- Serve immediately or chill before serving
Once you whip a batch of tasty salsa, now it’s just a matter of making your delicious tacos! Here’s how.
Take 3 Corn tortillas and place them in a hot skillet for about a minute on each side to warm them up
Prepare the STOUFFER’S® FIT KITCHEN™ Cilantro Lime Chicken Meal according to the instructions on the box
Scoop 2 spoonfuls of the chicken rice mixture into each tortilla
Top with some diced onion, 2 slices of avocados and a spoonful of the Fire Roasted Salsa
It’s so easy to always have a quick, well-balanced meal on hand with STOUFFER’S® FIT KITCHEN™ meals in your freezer!